The Executive Assistant (EA) will have responsibility for providing support to the Legal and Information Technology (IT) teams. He/she will oversee and monitor project timelines to help ensure that key team-driven initiatives and projects are moving forward. The EA will also act as the primary contracts administrator for the company, and provide administrative support to General Counsel (GC) and the other leaders on the Legal and IT teams. He/she will also provide support to other executive assistants in the company when needed assist MacroGenics with achieving the company’s objectives.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of years of education and experience
Minimum of eight years of relevant experience, with at least five of those providing administrative support to executives and/or high-performing teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Learning agility – strong at adapting to new systems and developing operational improvements in ways of working
- Demonstrates initiative to anticipate and solve problems and help optimize organizational processes
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and successfully managing processes and projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail in matters of proofreading, document processing, and relaying messages
- Extraordinarily good judgment, discretion, common sense, tact, and professionalism are required, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the company
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint and willingness to learn other software applications as necessary
- Superior organizational and administrative skills and possesses the ability to multi-task
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment and to function as a highly visible professional role model
- Comfortable interacting with Senior Executives as well as their team members and with members of the Board of Directors
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and with discretion in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures
- Knowledge and operation of standard office equipment
- Possesses a sense of urgency in completing tasks without sacrificing accuracy
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in a legal department supporting a team
- Support the key leaders with moving projects forward by organizing and planning schedules and meetings, tracking project progress, executing project deliverables where applicable, and meeting deadlines as assigned. Communicate any issues that arise that may interfere with progress of project or affect timelines. Independently research and resolve, or offer solutions to, unusual problems related to special projects involving administrative issues.
- Ensure efficient tracking and transfer of contract files into and out of the Legal Department, including distribution of completed contracts to vendors. Assign Requests for Proposals, contracts, and related documents to attorneys for drafting and review. Liaise with other departments as necessary. Track contracts, amendments and RFP requests for the Legal Department.
- Prepare and complete a variety of documents for GC and team. Create presentations, reports and proposals as requested by team member. Proofread for accuracy and quality and where appropriate ensure adherence to any corporate standards. Share ideas and recommendations to improve the overall product.
- Coordinate logistics and meeting agendas. Prepare/assemble related background material for all participants and ensure they are distributed either electronically or at time of meeting. Record and maintain meeting minutes when requested. Schedule meetings, including space, time, and participants, particularly for meetings with complex logistics and external stakeholders.
- Drive preparation of the department budgets and monitor expenses against budget on a regular basis. Bring any concerns or projected budget issues to leadership team member in a timely manner.
- Maintain all aspects of the leadership team’s calendar by scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and teleconferences while managing competing priorities. Bring issues that cannot be resolved by EA to leadership team’s attention with recommendations for possible solutions.
- Coordinate complex trip arrangements (both domestic and international) with numerous destinations and meetings for GC and other team members in compliance with our travel policy. Create travel authorizations and generate travel vouchers using Concur. Maintain awareness of applicable travel policies, procedures, and documentation requirements and serve as an information source to the traveler. Complete all related expense reports in a timely accurate manner in compliance with accounting processes.
- Answer and screen phone calls and respond to emails and inquiries in a timely, professional manner when requested.
- Create and maintain electronic files for the department ensuring a user friendly systematic approach. Communicate to relevant team members about the filing system.
- Review and follow-up on invoice issues, including corresponding with, among others, law firms and/or consultants, vendors and other departments.
- Assist Sr. Executive Assistant with the preparation for meetings of the Board of Directors, including but not limited to finalizing all Board materials for distribution to the Board Members, arranging for webcasting of board meetings, and maintaining current and historical corporate information, including Board minutes, resolutions, and materials as requested.
- Champion continuous improvement ideas for the department. Gather support and communicate benefits and any resource requirements. Facilitate the implementation of initiatives and report on progress and impact.
- Provide back up support to Receptionist on a rotating schedule. Partner with administrative colleagues on company initiatives and provide back up support in an administrative colleague’s absence.
- Respond to questions from team members and external employees in a timely manner regarding information concerning matters related to Legal and IT departments. Utilize all appropriate resources available to provide answers and when applicable, communicate information to wider audience.